The following factors will make a person ineligible for both asylum AND withholding of removal, even if such person would otherwise be eligible:
- committing a particularly serious crime while in the U.S.;
- committing a serious non-political crime in another country prior to entry into the U.S.;
- participation in persecution of others;
- if there are reasonable grounds for regarding the applicant as a danger to the security of the U.S.; and
- involvement in terrorist activities.
There are no exceptions to these bars.
The Anwari Law Firm can assist you in determining whether one of these bars to asylum and withholding of removal would apply to you.