Why Choose The Anwari Law Firm?

  1. You get personal attention from a licensed attorney specializing in U.S. immigration law.
  2. Careful review of all of your documents before your case is filed.
  3. Easily track the progress of your case by phone or email.
  4. Send unlimited questions to our office and receive fast responses.
  5. We offer low fees with flexible payment plans.
  6. Amazing success rate! We have an unrivaled success rate in getting visas for our clients. This is because we know the law and evaluate your case carefully.

No one can promise that your petition will be successful, but based on our success rate, we can promise that if we represent you, your visa application will be the strongest it can be to give you the greatest chance of obtaining your visa.

Learn more about how we can help you with your immigration needs:

Employment Based Immigration

The Anwari Law Firm specializes in helping businesses of all sizes meet their immigration goals cost-effectively. Whether your company wants to bring employees to the U.S. permanently or temporarily, we have a reputation for helping employers navigate the legal maze of business immigration law quickly and efficiently.

Learn more about your business immigration options below or contact us to learn how we can help your organization.

Permanent Residency Through Employment

  • EB-1: Grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who:
    • Have extraordinary abilities
    • Are outstanding professors or researchers; or
    • Are executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the U.S.
  • EB-2: Grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who are:
    • Workers with advanced degrees; or
    • Have exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
  • EB-3: Grants permanent residency to foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals but do not qualify for an EB-1 or EB-2. The EB-3 requirements are more flexible, but the backlog is longer.
  • EB-4: Grants permanent residency to certain special immigrants, including:
    • Religious Workers
    • Iraqi/Afghan Translators
    • Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
    • International Organization Employees
    • Physicians
    • Armed Forces Members
  • EB-5: Grants permanent residency to foreign national investors in new commercial enterprises who create employment for ten individuals. There are two groups of investors under the program:
    • Those who invest at least $500,000 in “targeted employment areas” (rural
      areas or areas experiencing high unemployment of at least 150% of the national average rate); and
    • Those who invest $1,000,000 anywhere else

Temporary Employment Visas

  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas: Investors and traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their businesses in the U.S. if their home country has a commercial treaty with the US conferring visa eligibility.
  • H-1B: Professional workers with at least a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent work experience) may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position.
  • H-2B: Allows employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the U.S. and perform nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, intermittent or peakload basis.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas: Available to executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer’s U.S. affiliate. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas: Set aside for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. This includes entertainers, athletes, scientists, and businesspersons.
  • TN Visas: A special category set up for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

I-9 Compliance

To many HR professionals and employers, an I-9 may appear to be a simple one-page form. However, the I-9 comes with enough rules and regulations to fill a 69-page how-to manual, the “M-274 Handbook for Employers.”

There are many common errors that are made while completing and maintaining I-9 records. If an employer fails to complete or maintain I-9 documentation correctly, that employer may fall out of compliance with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) rules and suffer harsh financial penalties.

The Anwari Law Firm specializes in I-9 compliance for employers, helping your company comply with the law quickly and efficiently. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.

Family Sponsored Immigration

Fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen (K-1 Visa)

Are you a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé to the U.S. to marry them? If so, the fiancé visa may be right for you.

The person applying for the fiancé visa must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Marry their fiancé within 90 days of their fiancé entering the U.S.
  • Not be currently married
  • Have met their fiancé at least once, in person, within the last 2 years (with certain exceptions)

After your fiancé enters the U.S. and you are married, your fiancé must then apply for an adjustment of status to a permanent resident (green card holder).

At the Anwari Law Firm, we have a reputation in Virginia for extensive experience with fiancé visas. We will make sure your fiancé visa application is processed correctly and in the shortest time by submitting all required forms and information.

Our low fees and flexible payment plans make it affordable to bring your fiancé to the U.S. Call us today to find out how our knowledge and experience can help you.

Wife/Husband of U.S. Citizen (K-3 Visa)

Are you a U.S. citizen who wishes to bring your foreign wife or husband to the U.S.? If so, the K-3 visa may be right for you.

The K-3 visa can shorten the amount of time you are separated from your foreign-citizen spouse by getting your wife or husband a K-3 visa overseas and allowing them to enter the U.S. while they wait for approval of their immigrant visa petition.

At the Anwari Law Firm, we understand how hard it is to be separated from a family member. That is why we use our experience and knowledge to quickly and efficiently file your application to bring your husband or wife to the U.S. We keep you informed of what is going on with your application and are always available to answer questions by telephone or email. Call us today to get the process started.

Children of U.S. Citizen

Visas are immediately available for children of U.S. citizens, making this the easiest and quickest way to immigrate to the United States.

To qualify as an immediate relative, a child must be unmarried and under 21 years old. A “child” may include a step-child as long as the child was under 18 years old when the step-relationship was created. Adopted children are eligible as immediate relatives if they were adopted before the age of 16 years old and lived with the U.S. citizen parent in legal custody for at least 2 years before the filing of the immigrant visa petition.

The Anwari Law Firm specializes in uniting children with their U.S. citizen parents. Contact us today to find out how we can reunite your family.

Parents of U.S. Citizen

Visas are immediately available for parents of U.S. citizens, making this the easiest and quickest way to immigrate to the United States. A U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years old to sponsor their parent(s).

Contact the Anwari Law Firm today to find out how our low fees and extensive immigration law experience make it easy to reunite with your parents.

Brothers/Sisters of U.S. Citizen

A U.S. citizen who wants to bring their brothers and sisters to the U.S. must apply for a family preference immigrant visa. There is a yearly limitation on the number of visas which are granted. The filing date of the immigrant visa petition establishes the priority date for the application. The beneficiary of the petition cannot apply for permanent residence (green card) until that priority date is reached.

Contact the Anwari Law Firm today to start the process of bringing your brothers and sisters to the U.S.

Spouse/Children of Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)

A permanent resident (green card holder) can file an application for their husband or wife and unmarried child(ren) to immigrate to the U.S. There is a limit on the number of relatives who may immigrate under this category each year, so there is generally a waiting period before an immigrant visa number becomes available.

The Anwari Law Firm makes sure your application is filed correctly so you do not have to wait any longer than necessary to reunite with your family. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.

Other Family Members

Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) who wants to bring your family members to the U.S.? The Anwari Law Firm specializes in helping people bring their relatives to the U.S. quickly.

Contact us today to find out how our extensive immigration experience, low fees and flexible payment plans make it easy to reunite your family.

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization

There are many benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen, including being able to sponsor family members to come to the U.S., vote, travel to other countries with a U.S. passport and apply for federal jobs.

The process of becoming a U.S. citizen is called naturalization. If you were born outside the U.S., you may qualify to become a naturalized U.S. citizen if you:

  • Have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years; or
  • Are married to a U.S. citizen and have been a permanent resident for at least 3 years.

Applying for U.S. citizenship is an important step and can often be a long and difficult process. Notarios and attorneys who do not specialize in immigration law can do more harm than good. Do not take the risk of your application being delayed or denied.

At the Anwari Law Firm, we specialize in helping immigrants from all over the world become U.S. citizens. We treat every client with respect and our low fees, payment plans and flexible appointments make being represented by an experienced immigration lawyer possible for everyone. Call us to find out how we can help you today.

A permanent resident (green card holder) is someone who is allowed to live and work in the U.S. permanently. You can become a permanent resident several different ways. Most people are sponsored by a family member or employer in the U.S. Others may become permanent residents through refugee or asylee status or other humanitarian programs. In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.

Contact the Anwari Law Firm for help getting your green card. Our extensive immigration law experience, low fees and payment plans make the process fast and easy.

A conditional permanent resident receives a green card that is valid for 2 years. In order to remain a permanent resident and stay in the U.S., they must file a petition to remove the condition during the 90 days before the green card expires. Because the conditional green card cannot be renewed, the conditions must be removed or permanent resident status will be lost.

Do not risk being deported due to your green card expiring. Call the Anwari Law Firm today to learn how we can remove conditions on your green card.

There is finally hope for undocumented adults who came to the United States as children.

The Anwari Law Firm can help you get authorization to legally work in the U.S. if you:

  • Came to the U.S. before the age of 16
  • Were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012
  • Have remained in the U.S. continuously since at least June 15, 2007
  • Are either in school, have a high school diploma or GED, or were honorably discharged from the military
  • Do not have a significant criminal record

You only get one chance to apply and if your application is denied there are no appeals. Please call us today for a consultation to learn how the Anwari Law Firm can help you.